Re: A double resonance solid state Tesla coil

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

>By driving the primary at its resonance, all the current is pulled from
>the DC supply in phase with the voltage, this is the key. We can dump more
>than 25 joules into the secondary in 160 usecs using $30 worth of switches.

25 Joules is pole pig league! If your calculations are right you're going
to have the biggest bad-a** SSTC in the world. P.S. How does your method
compare with base-feeding the secondary either through a ferrite-cored
step-up transformer or direct off a high-voltage half-bridge?

Steve C.