Virus Warning

Original poster: "S Gaeta by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>

Hi all,

Someone on this list is infected with <mailto:W32.Klez.H-at-mm>W32.Klez.H-at-mm
(See
<http://securityresponse.symantec-dot-com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h-at-mm.html>http://securityresponse.symantec-dot-com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h-at-mm.html
for details)
Clicking on the above link will take you to a Symantec site where you can
learn everything about this worm and download the cure.

Every day for the past week or so, I keep getting an email with this virus
attached to it. Norton always catches it. Up until yesterday, it always came
from an address that I didn't recognize. Yesterday, it was from Weazle -
VE3EAR. Don't panic Weazle, you are not the one who sent me the email. The
virus fakes the sender by randomly selecting an email address from the
infected computers address book, and puts that in the "from" line. This
makes it difficult to track down who is infected.
Since it picked someone from this list, I can finally narrow it down to this
circle of friends. I have seen one other callsign that I didn't recognize in
the "from" line. Sorry, I didn't take note of it. It was someone from "3
land" here in the states.

Good luck. I hope that other people can also provide feedback, and can help
to track this thing down. Does anyone have my email address, VE3EAR and
"mck" (Today's Klez was disguised to come from him) in their address book ?
If you do, get the inoculation from the above link.

On a happier note: Happy New Year everyone!

Sue