Re: Getting started

Original poster: "Ralph Zekelman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gridleak-at-bluemarble-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 3:50 PM
Subject: Getting started

 > Original poster: "Matt by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<pickle7-at-surfbest-dot-net>

 > I just got interested in this Tesla stuff, and have been looking around
for
 > good resources. I was wondering if the "Tesla Coil construction guide" by
 > John Couture was a good book to get started with. It looks pretty good at
 > this bookstore site - www.tfcbooks-dot-com/mall/more/491tccg.htm. Or maybe the
 > one by George Trinkaus is better? My dad (an electrical engineer) says i
 > should make one that runs off batteries to start off with, and so I'm not
 > dealing with 60hz of deadliness. Some advice would be nice.

Hi Matt,
Your dad has it right. Start out very small so your mistakes are harmless
to your pocketbook and yourself. The books by John Couture are
very good. I also have the Trinkaus book which, as I recall, has a bipolar
coil in it. Suggest you read all you can. I am unfamiliar with the book
source
you mention.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman