Capacitor Advice

Original poster: "Damon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <lists-at-natch-dot-net>

I emailed a couple people before asking advice, and got some good advice,
but wanted more.  I picked up three capacitors from work that I was thinking
of incorporating into my Tesla coil.  I signed up to this list about 4
months ago and just now found the paperwork for them.

The capacitors are from Maxwell Laboratories, Inc.  They are "Series C Pulse
Discharge Capacitors" that claim to be designed for "reliable, high-voltage,
low-inductance capacitor bank applications where fast current rise times,
high-voltage reversals..."  Data sheet is from 1974.  Caps look to be in
wonderful condition, weighing in at a mere 220 lbs each.

The ones I have are rated at 40kv, ~4.5uF and ~0.02 uH effective inductance.
My boss says they were used for some pulse laser application and estimated
to discharge about 100kA.

My old coil has a pair of 15kv 30ma NSTs.  I realize that 4.5uF is excessive
for a TC application.  I've been told that a single turn primary may work in
this situation.  I was wondering of anyone here had toyed with making a coil
with this level of capacitance, or if they had advice on doing so.

-
natch