Re: Good Caps for Tesla Coiling

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Good Caps for Tesla Coiling
>Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:19:36 -0700
>
>Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>I have used both 42L GE caps, and the 942C (that actual cap that you
>listed!).  I think the 942C CD caps are MUCH BETTER!  Go with those if you
>can.  I use 2 strings of 16 on my 15kv 120ma PSU coil. They work great and
>the coil makes 5 foot arcs.  Go for the Cornell Dubilier!  When the spec
>high dv/dt thats a good thing! :)
>
>Steve Ward.

OOPS, BIG MISTAKE!  I thought you said you found 942C caps, not 940!  The
940s are not good!  Also, i used the 942Cs that have .22uf at 1600v each.
Sorry about that!

Steve Ward.

http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=features/virus