How big is LTR?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Hi Terry:

I'm curious as to the derivation of the pi/2 factor.  As far as diminishing
NST resonant rise, the further from a mains-resonant value (i.e. higher),
the better.  And a lower cap value would charge to a higher voltage, so
that argues for a lower value.  But the inductive kick effect favors the
higher values.  Who knows what happens when the current limiting shunts
saturate.

Gary Lau
MA, USA