Faraday Cage

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

I'm sick of waiting for a somewhat warm calm night to fire my coils.  I am
also tired of trying to get my father away from home because of his
pacemaker.  I am now building a Faraday cage in the basement.  It will be
10' X 10' X 7' and be built out of 3/4" Cu pipe and chicken wire, with a
1/4" hardware cloth roof.  Other than the door which will be caged, there
will be two ports, one 6" X 6" port for cable passthru, and one 6" X 6"
camera port.  Grounding will be made by a 8' copper ground rod, and 3
strands of # 6 bare ground wire.  The 8' rod will hit lake level during the
summer, but the lake level drops about 1 1/2' in the winter.  The top of
the rod will be monumented with a concrete pad so I don't hit it with a
lawnmower.  I am thinking of adding a separate RF ground for the coils.  Is
this separate RF ground okay?

David E Weiss