Re: Secondary and MMC Caps

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Use the LTR values - 18 caps for one 15/30 or 10 for 15/60.  The Geek Caps
are rather
large value, which is great for 60 mA transformers, but make for a "large"
MMC for smaller
coils.  At one time we were offering smaller caps, but it took many months
to fill one
manufacturing run (250 caps).

Those other MMC banks were either for a larger coil or used smaller caps
acquired through
some other means.  Before we started selling the CDE caps, Terry Fritz
organized many
group purchases of 1600VDC .056uF Panasonic caps.  It's been a while, but I
think he
bought close to 8000 of those from Digikey in 1000 piece lots.  :)

Good luck

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group

<snip>