Re: Secondary and MMC Caps

Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Chris: Every one has thier best way. I hand wind all my secondaries with no
problem and a couple hours of time. I am right handed so this is my way. I
fit tightly a 2x4 scrap in each end of the coil form , carefuly mark the
center and drill a 1/8" longitudnal hole through the 2x4 to allow the coil
form to role like a roller. I then make a wide "u" shaped 2x4 frame to fit
around the roller with a #16 nail in each end to use as an axcel leaving
some nail exposed so I can pull it out, but into the drilled center hole.I
then clamp or nail the assembly to the outside edge of a work benck. I cut
6-8  1" pieces of masking tape and place then handy. I place my coil of wire
end up on the floor below my coil form center. I pull my wire up and place 2
ft of wire in the left end of the coil form and tape the wire to the outside
1/2" from the end and start a few turns of wire around coil form with the
wire turning over the top. The first turn or so is not neat. I then run the
wire under my finger nail of my right index finger with my finger holding
tension on the coil windings and turn the coil with my left hand. every 2"
or so of coil I put a piece of tape on the coil so when my hand slips I
don't lose the hole coil and I can rest with out problems. When the coil is
wound I secure the beginning and end with 5min epoxi. When hard I remove all
tape and my coil is ready for coating. After coating is compleat I remove
the 2x4 frame and end pieces to compleat my assembly. The extra wire in the
end is for connections. I use a solder lug held in place with a nylon
licence plate screw Tapped into the bottem as a ground connection and a pipe
cap to mount the toroid on top. All wires are on the outside of the form not
inside.
   Robert  H