Re: SRSG phase controller - ATTENTION DAN

In a message dated 12/13/02 11:45:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Greg,

Wouldn't the cap value need to be divided by four for 240 volts?
I'm not sure it works that way, just a thought.  In any case,
motors that have a run cap often need a much smaller capacitance
also.  Also, I'm thinking that some of the folks who had a lot of
self-braking may have been able to reduce/eliminate that by
decreasing the cap value.  They may have been getting too much
resonant voltage rise maybe?  In any case it's true that every
situation is different.

John