Re: EM only coil?

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 3:02 PM
Subject: EM only coil?

 > Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

 > I'm intrigued with the coils ability to illuminate things at a distance.
As
 > I am an artist this is proving immensely interesting. Imagine the
 > possibilities. Lighted objects with no visible power source.

Hi Josh,

Do you have a copy of The Inventions, Researches and Writings of Nikola
Tesla?  If not try to track one down.  In the section on Currents of High
Frequency and Potential, it speaks about a coil with just a primary.  Tesla
seemed to have a coil with a socket inside the primary, that he used for his
lighting experiments.  At other times he used a wire streched around the top
of the room.

David E Weiss