Small power supply and static spark gap

Original poster: "Michael Quarles by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mquarles-at-qusion-dot-com>

I am new to Tesla Coils.  I am trying to learn all I can by reading
pupman-dot-com and other websites.  My son and I are going to make one for a
science project.
Unlike most of you, I am not trying to make the large most power spark I
can.  We will be show this in an audatorium with other sceince projects and
I need it to be as safe as possible.

This is the transformer I ordered:

Marshall Electric Neon Power Drive
Dimension: 6.5" x 3" x 2". Input Voltage: 110 Vac, 1.5A, 60Hz, Output
Voltage/Current: 2KV - 6KV 30mA bright, 2KV - 6KV 20 mA dim. Construction:
Molded high impact plastic housing. Adjustments required: None. Temperature
range: 35 Deg F to 120 Deg F
THESE UNITS BEST OPERATE AT LOADS OF 4KV OR LESS

Will this work for a TC?  I real somewhere that 6KV is the min you can use
with a static spark gap.  Is this true?

What does it mean "THESE UNITS BEST OPERATE AT LOADS OF 4KV OR LESS"?
I thought a load draws amps not voltage.