Re: TC discharge... safe or not

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

 > injure themselves. Unfortunately, those who engage in "cavalier mouthing"
 > are likely to cause the injury or death of someone else. Did you know that
 > in many states, a person giving out self-proclaimed "expert opinions" can
 > be held both civilly and criminally liable for injuries or death resulting
 > from careless advice, especially when such advice is given to minors?

Is this legal advice you are giving an expert opinion? It sounds mighty
authoritative. Being a minor, I'm confused, and misled easily.

On a more serious note, one might want to exercise a bit more caution around
say some oddball 20kV 2uF capacitor than a 9 volt battery operated
studfinder. While it's fun and happy to say "treat all electrical devices
with caution" the fact is many people are just sloppy with tools and
appliances. Try to be a bit more careful around your coil than say you might
typicall handle an electric drill. I'm aware of one electric drill
electrocution accident. The lesson is don't sweat into your drill as you
might not be able to let go of it in time.

KEN