BIG counterpoise

Original poster: "Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

Hello all,

Where I live, the ground is pretty much solid metamorphic rocks,
Devonian/Carboniferous phyllite to be exact. My house is cut into a
hill, so there is probably only a foot of topsoil at most. Also, the
rock is fresh and not weathered at all. I don't think even Dan could
hammer through that. :^) I'm wondering if anyone has successfully
used a counterpoise on a large (10kW) coil? If so, how big should it
be? Previously, my ground has been many small rods (1 foot long)
hooked in parallel, as I just can't get through the stuff.

Cheers,

Greg.