RE: TC discharge... safe or not

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

KEN,

I didn't take it as an attack. ;-) Sometimes the fact that I can't talk
about exactitudes offends the sensibilities of some (and I can
understand).

The Tesla coil doesn't R.F. burn, it's people who R.F. burn! (I hope
everybody from Colorado is laughing right now).

People used to make glass anal probes for their violet ray wands (think
of it like a plasma ball up the wazoo - a sad butt true Tesla coil
related story folks). I'm sure that the curator of the Electrotherapy
Museum can attest to the historical accuracy of Violet Ray use. The
point is: it's not the size of the coil, it's how you use it... And:
people do dumb things with their Tesla coils and sometimes that's how
one learns (Cue Allanis Morisette).

My position is that even the wimpy coils kill (the toddler in Oregon)
because of exposed wiring, etc., etc.. I know that makes me a "Safety
Nut" (the preferred term to the wholly offensive "Safety Nazi") but
that's my role.

Jeff

KEN Wrote:
Of course. I still no reason to fear a wimpy coil like it's it's a
downed powerline in the alley. People here like to share only the large,
scary stories about accidents gone wrong to the max.

You can burn your finger tips on some large plasma balls if you don't
press on them hard enough. It hardly makes them devices to hide from in
fear.

KEN