Re: candle?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

 > For these candle on a TC experiments, the soot in the flame is kind of the
 > interesting part (electrically).  Cotton balls with vaseline or oil make a
 > nice sooty flame.  those of you with bigger coils could always go the
 > "burning tire with diesel fuel" approach...

A clean flame also produces curious results. I put a little alcohol
lamp over the disk that serves as base for the terminal in my
transformerless coil (http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/mres4.html),
besides the antenna that completes the terminal. The result was
a kind of "one-sided" Jacob's ladder, with streamers coming out
of the antenna and rising above the flame. A candle may produce
the same effect. I will see.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz