Re: Full Bridge IR 2153 Configuration

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Hi Ken,
Several questions:

1.  How close was driver to TC resonator?
2.  Was the driver in a metallic enclosure or "open air"?
3.  Appropriate bypassing / MOV protection on "DC rails"?

This chip is designed for fluorescent lamp ballasts, which aren't
exactly quiet (EMI/RFI wise), especially when striking/starting
lamps.  The chips I'm looking to use (IR2153D, IR21531D)
are only 2-3 years old, and have "ESD and EMI/RFI hardening
improvements" over original IR2155 (paraphrasing IR's press
release).  So must have been field experiences like you
mentioned to require a redesign (read "new and improved")
chip.  Not doubting there may be diffculties / sensitivities with
this and thanks for feedback.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>