Re: Floating Scopes

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

 > Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<davep-at-quik-dot-com>

 > Tesla list wrote:
 >
 > >Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
 > ><tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>
 >
 > >I'm sort of lost in this thread now.
 >
 > >Somebody wants to measure something
 >
 >          Currents.
 >          Charge (and discharge?)

Is there any evidence that the currents from top of a secondary to the top
terminal of whatever capacitance a user has will be any different than the
ground current from bottom of the secondary to earth? I'd normally say of
course they have to match, but who knows, maybe there is interesting
capacitive coupling between the secondary coil itself and the top terminal
resulting in currents that never have to even flow through the coil's
ground.

KEN

 > >at the top of a tesla coil.  Hiding a battery powered
 >
 > >scope in some cage or between mega toroids is great, but
 > >what are you going to measure in this null field?
 >          Currents.

[cut]