Re: This might be a dumb question..

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots"
-Just kidding =P

This might be a dumb answer, but it really depends on how powerful your
coil is, how far away the cars are, etc. In my experience (not much) we
haven't seen much in the ways of harmful interference. My buddies cell
phone and camera still work and my digital camera and the CD player  in the
car haven't died yet :) If possible, try and keep them about 30 feet away
from the coil if it's small to medium power just to be safe. If necessary,
you could always build a faraday cage.

Original poster: "Lee by way of Terry Fritz "

To anyone,
I am about to run my creation in the parking lot at work.
There are alot of high end vehicles in the lot with night vision and gps
etc, do you figure
there is a chance of computer mems or anything else being damaged from
just being near by?

I figure that my easiest way to tune is to run an oscilloscope with a
high voltage probe,
reading between the tank and primary. Would this be the true frequency
of my primary?
What do you think?

Lee
Coiling in Ottawa, Canada