Spark plugs

Original poster: "John Richardson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hello Everyone,

I recently parted out an old portable heater that we used for working on
machinery during the winter, and saved the ignition transformer out of
it.  It's only 5000v at 20ma, but was hoping to make a small TC out of
it.  With all of the recent talk about MMCs, it was mentioned that there
was a chart out there to help determine capacitance requirements based on
transformer specs.  I personally remember having seen the chart, and Terry
mentioned that he had a copy of it next to his computer, but I can't seem
to find it again.  I had it saved on my computer, but due to problems
several months back, it was lost along with everything else.

My second inquiry is this:  Has anyone ever used non-resistor spark plugs
for a gap in a small TC?  Several in series with small gap spacing should
do the trick, and I wouldn't think electrode erosion would be a big
problem, considering the environment that they are designed to work
in.  Besides, I think that it would look cool, and if performance drops,
just "put a new set of plugs in 'er".

Thoughts appreciated,

John Richardson