Re: Where can I buy or find MOTS?

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

The person
 > selling them believes they are high voltage
 > transformers. I do not. The text
 > stamped on top indicates that the transformers have
 > been hi-pot tested at
 > 1500V for 1 minute, not that they put out 1500V. The
 > transformer appears to
 > be a ferro-resonant type, not a high voltage unit. I
 > measured a little over
 > 19V out with a 120V input, just a bit shy of the
 > touted "1500V" rating. I
 > wrote the seller so he could correct the listings,
 > but he still believes
 > they are 1500V, even though he has never actually
 > hooked one up himself. In
 > his reply he said that if the transformer were
 > hooked up to a magnetron the
 > high frequency would result in a higher voltage
 > output. I decided it was
 > pointless to argue with an intellect as vast as his
 > and gave up.
One wonders about these guys selling transformers:
heres a comment from the seller of the 3 phase high
voltage tranformer I purchased on Ebay:
The wonderful thing about this unit is that is has a
core, therefore, the core will saturate and you can
use it without a current limiter. A little safer than
a pole pig (distribution) transformer.

Evidentally he doesnt see the core on a pole pig
transformer, so he takes saturation in a completely
opposite meaning! I got quite a laugh from his
comment, but decided to let him believe what he
wishes!
HDN