Re: Safe Sparks

Interesting.. at 196 MHz, of course, skin effect will put most of the power
at the surface (unlike at 100 kHz'ish TCs, where the high resistance of the
body makes for a fairly large (RF)skin thickness).  I wonder how the poor
guy got 2A at 196 MHz? That's   TV channel 10 (192-198 MHz) in the US (I
don't have the channel frequencies for Australia handy..but it's in the
same ITU band), and I'll bet you could get 2 Amps (if not a lot more) if
you happened to grab the  transmitting antenna or an exposed feed terminal.
50 kW at 50 ohms is around 32 Amps...

I'd change the first line of the abstract to be:
RF electrocutions are not commonly reported.

I'll bet that there are a lot more RF burns that actually occur than are
reported.   Only the most egregious or ones with lasting effects would show
up in a doctor's office.