Re: tesla coil grounding-success

Original poster: "george hadle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ckreol1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

got it working.
by the way, grounding increased the spark length many
fold.
Would seem there'd be a direct relationship between
voltage at very bottom of coil and perfection of
ground.
This is my first coil, so I abandoned solid state and
went spark gap.  With the ignition coil it took
several pulses to charge the cap fully.  I had to have
distance ( a spark) between the out of the ign. coil
and rest of the circuit.  (It's a spark gap in
parallel with the LC.  The out puts of the ign. coil
go to each side of the spark gap.)  The caps would
only discharge about 10 times or so per second.  The
driving freq of the ign coil was between 6oo-700hz.
The power going in is no more than 6 watts (regulated
supply rated 12vdc 200mA.  Actual V is about 20v.)
333khz is res freq of secodary
Could draw a 1 inch spark from tc. respectable?
The spark seems to explode or spread as it hits the
flesh.  Color is orange.  Very diff from DC feeling.
I'm off to play some more.
thanks
george.