Re: The OLTC IGBTs

Hi Ken,

MicroSim does not have a nice IGBT model (free version) so I fake a few
things in the MicroSim schematics.  I am using a switch in the models that
is working like an IGBT.

IGBTs work just like transistors for CE stuff.  You can get IGBTs with or
without the big anti-parallel diodes in them.  There are actually two die
in the package in that case.  The data sheet for my IGBTs is at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/irg4pf50wd.pdf

FETs have "intrinsic" diodes due to their design.  I am not sure if that is
true of IGBTs.  If IGBTs do have a "natural" diode in them, no one uses it.
 They either use snubber circuits or add a big diode external to the IGBT
(but in the same plastic package.

Cheers,

	Terry