The OLTC IGBTs

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

I've just put together 3 things I've noticed:  1) Terry's schematics
don't show any "catch" diodes across the IGBTs (unless I missed them); 2)
The IGBT data sheets I happen to have don't show intrinsic (substrate)
diodes e.g. in MOSFETs and the max. reverse collector-emitter voltage is
listed as some 18 V; and 3) I recall a remark in an app. note that IGBTs
didn't have them.  Did I miss them, or are they needed?

Ken Herrick