RE: Still confused on LTR sized Caps

Hi Dan,

The paper at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/modact/modact.html

shows the operation of an LTR coil.  LTR coils were first predicted by
computer modeling.  The "hard theory" is all MicroSim models...  But the
"soft theory" is that the coil is using resonant charging to not only
discharge the primary cap but to extract extra energy out of the giant
inductance of the NST (P=1/2 x I^2 x L) much like an inductive kick effect.
 This forces more current faster into the primary cap to charge it with
about 2.5 times the energy but still at 120BPS.

Cheers,

	Terry