Re: HIGH current FET package

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

 Terry,
I mentioned some time ago about the "ABB." "bi-directional control
thyristor" These things are running at a steady 6.5kv -at- 6ka !peak surge
is phenomenal!
 Also powerex's #cm12000hb-66h igbt's are incredible at 3300v Vces and
1200 IC! operating parameters are looking very sweet.
 It seems the technology is being made just for our needs?
It looks like i'll be getting a few sets of the BCT'S for free, (I have
some favours owed for the 60 or so 75 hp ac drives bought and installed)
now if i can manage to do something with them??? maybe they may come
your way instead? I'm sure you can build them into a new gap?
take care,
marc m.