Re: MOT supply problem

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I've tested the ballast voltage and it sits at the same as whats coming in
from the wall. No change..until I pull an arc that is..... When I was
running my 4 pack I decided to measure the primary.

1 MOT = 120 VAC 6A draw open curcuit
      = while arcing the voltage dropped to 118.7 VAC but it drew 13A.

No...there wasn't any core saturation present. But the primary did get warm
to the touch.