Re: MOT supply problem

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

The inductive ballast doesn't seem to lower the voltage, I ran the 7500v
transformer off the same thing as the MOT supply even though it's an NST and
doesn't need any extra ballasting but it didn't affect it's voltage output. I
think that the other person who replied saying that the problem might be
caused by the voltage and current getting out of phase was right. I added a
single 25uf cap accross the MOT input's for PFC and it has improved they're
performance. A gap that they couldn't jump with full 120v input can now be
jumped with only 100v input.

Mark

In a message dated 8/26/02 2:35:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com