Simple Static Gap Distance

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I've been trying to find a chart or something on what distance I should set
my static gap distance for.  I did manage to find a very nice chart on Terry
Fritz' website but it was for large spark gaps using large corona balls.
I'm planning on using two smaller copper pipes with a blower fan to help it.

This is going to be used on a new coil I'm building.  After seeing someone
with a similar coil this past weekend, I felt a need for a small "desktop"
size coil.

So far the specifications are:

1.625" x 6" commercially spun toroid (6.66pF)
4kV, 20mA open-frame neon transformer
Two-electrode static gap with blower fan
0.0112uF, 7.5kV MMC

I should be able to fit this into a very small package.  The coil i saw this
weekend was similar (same transformer) etc... and was very loud and able to
produce 12-24" streamers.  Very impressive . . . and cute!!!!!

Dan