Re: OLTC update - winding the secondary

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Hi Terry
Tried the gravity tensioner trick for wire

Pass wire thru medium weighted object between spool and form. keeps constant
tension as long as weight does not hit gnd. I use cotton tied to the weight
to keep it form moving along the wire too far. Done well this trick saves
lots of effort keeping tension on feed to coil
Best
Ted L