RE: Resonance - what is it? and OLTC stuff(missing URL)

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Oops forgot the URL!
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/files/Outer%20DSR/1118WYE.jpg
> Here a 20.16 volt stator only inputs ~ 2 ma to the
> three phase tanks,( measured from the  2 of the 3
> stator lines themselves) and as noted the impedance
> of
> a tank circuit is Q times higher that the reactance
> of
> the coil system itself. It is Q squared higher than
> the conditions for a series resonance, where the
> resistance of each coil system of ten 14 gauge wire
> spools in series is ~ 12.5 ohms. The resonant rise
> of
> amperage is 30.7 ma made from that 2 ma input, for
> an
> acting tank Q of 30.7/2= ~ 15.3  We should then
> expect
> 1.7 times that value or 52.2 ma on the shared lines
> of
> the  tanks in WYE, but here perhaps because of
> inbalances on the  3 identical tank requirements,
> the
> meter reads 44.4 ma on the shared lines.

Haste makes waste, sorry for ommision, HDN

=====
Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal Resonances
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/