Machinist Needed for Cap-Discharge Trigatron.

Any of you big cap guys need an afternoon project?

The Geek Group is assembleing the components for it's largest demo to date,
and we need a little help. Stomper needs a Trigatron. Stomper is an array of
5 200Lbs 65kV caps that will be used for can, quarter, and pipe crushing
demos, as well as other HECD demonstrations and research. While we do have
the resources to make one, none of our current membership has done it
before, and this is a rather key piece to the system. If anyone with
previous experiace working with large cap arrays (I know of a couple on this
list :) ) and buiding triatrons would like to help the Geeks we would be
most appreciative. I can supply detailed specs on request, but the basics
are...

It has to be electrically (remotely) operated.
It has to have a design voltage of 65kV (with an adequete safety margin).
We are using 3/8"X4" solid copper buss for the output rails and the
Trigatron should be built accordingly, I can supply a section of buss to
build the trigatron around.

Any questions? Email me at chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com :)

Thanks guys!

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

"He had that rare weird electricity about him--that
extremely wild and heavy presence that you only see in
a person who has abandoned all hope of ever behaving
normally." --Hunter S. Thompson