Welding CABLE and mechanical issues of hook up

Original poster: "Dan by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <toodamtall1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Folks,
The ongoing saga of my 8" secondary TC continues.
Thanks Terry and D.C. for the direct input & help.

I am in the process of ordering #4 fine strand welding
cable. I'm trying to think of how many ring lugs and
lengths of cable I need so they can cut the lengths
and put the ring lugs on for me.

I figure for starters, two ten-footers ring-lugged at
each end to go from the control box/NST over to the
Terry prot. circuit/gaps/cap/prim/sec assy. Is ten
feet enough of a distance away from the streamers to
operate it? D.C.'s cad output forecasted streamers of
46" for this TC.

No lugs for the primary right? Solder one end to
tubing and clamp the other for tuning right? Should
they put a medium to small sized "battery type clamp"
on one end of the cable for tuning purposes? Or how
else do you hook such fat wire to 1/4" tubing spaced
so tightly? I've read about alligator clips, fuse
holders etc. but nothing to the extent of #4.

This weekend I hope to get the cable so I need to
figure this out by week's end. Any input is greatly
appreciated. The guy told me to fax him a rough sketch
indicating how many lengths and lugs.

Thanks folks. You're helping a dream come true.

_