From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 12:30 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: MMC

Original poster: "Mike Novak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<acmnovak-at-msn-dot-com>

Hi Terry,
Please forward this to the list. You can edit it if you wanna also...
I've got an MMC bank for sale. The caps are 3000v 0.1µF Metallized
Polypropylene Snubbers made by General Electric- they've been tested to 15
Amps RMS -at- 200kHz so they're really beefy caps. The bank is an array of
eight strings of twelve caps in series. Each string is mounted on an acrylic
strip with the caps on one side and the 10MOhm bleeder resistors on the
other, terminated on each end by 3/4" solid brass stock ground to a high
polish. Connections can be made at either end of the terminal strips where
there are 3/8-16 threaded holes. The whole thing measures 66.6 nF and should
last in the neighborhood of 470 Hours with a 15kV input source.
The physical dimensions are 17.5 inches tall, 3.5 inches thick, and 14
inches wide.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/mmc1.JPG

I'm asking $200 for this beast... The catch is, however, I cannot guarantee
that it works because I don't have anything to test it on. The meter reads
the correct capacity, but that is before they are subjected to stress. The
only thing I can promise is that all the parts are brand new, the
connections are good, plus I'll give you my only spare cap just in case one
fails. But for how much I paid and how over-rated they are, they shouldn't
fail for any reason.

To contact me, the fastest method is by phone, but I have a new email
address which is, SolsChoice-at-hotmail-dot-com
and my home phone number is (608) 788-7927
Note: Email responses may take up to a week.

Also, I may have an SRSG put togather by next weekend which will be for sale
as well. I'm trying to get rid of alot of my coiling stuff and materials so
I can concentrate on my studies and whatnot.

-Mike Novak