RE: Primary Resonant Frequency question . . .

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Dan -

If you change the .0106 to .0275 uf for the pri cap (input) in the JHCTES
Ver 3.3 TC computer program you will find the pri turns will decrease. The
reason is because this program automatically keeps your design in tune when
you make changes.

For your primary circuit to stay in tune with the secondary circuit when you
change the pri cap the pri turns, or some other  parameter will have to be
changed. There are other changes in either the pri or sec circuits you can
make to change the pri turns. With this program you can always be sure your
TC will be in tune. The program can be found by clicking on

       www.mgte-dot-com

Click on "Tesla", "JHCTES Books", and JHCTES Ver 3.3 program
This is an on-line program. Don't forget to click "Calculate" after you make
changes. The JHCTES Ver 3.2 is a similar program and can be downloaded.

Note that you can increase the resonant frequency of your coil by reducing
the size of the toroid or the number of secondary turns. The program will
give you all this information when you make changes.

John Couture