Re: Dr Resonances motor is Hysteresis Motor, not Salient Pole Synch motor

Original poster: "Darren Freeman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <free0076-at-flinders.edu.au>

Guys,

You should be able to shave flats on a hysteresis motor just as with a
salient pole motor.

I would get a second oppinion as I've never done it but it should certainly
prefer to lock with the salient pole below the stator pole.

Maybe not the same repeatability of lock angle, since the rotor is designed
to have high hysteresis and might retain magnetism from a previous run, to
lock in a slightly different angle. But the variation should be pretty
small, I hope! Variable reluctance is a pretty good motivation to synch up
normally...

Or just swap it for an induction machine and modify that =)

Have fun,
Darren Freeman