Re: Pole Pig Construction

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Hi Ted L in NZ
The post below from Crow deserves a little comment

1) MOTS have a separate Primary winding so with the core grounded the
voltage stress on the outer MOTs is secondary to core not Sec to Pri. I
alway ground my cores but their are some more complex configurations which
avoid this.

2) The V stress reqd in a 6 MOT systems (3 per side) is greatest on the last
MOT's BUT is actually only about 4.4kvrms because the voltage continues to
rise as the outer MOT secondary progesses AWAY from the core towards free
space.

3) Oil baths are possible to make neatly and in a non messy manner with
modern plastic containers or the use of 6" plumbing fittings. (MOTS slip in
perfectly if feet are cut off)  The price of this inconvienience is low
compared to the rewards of heat reduction and insulation improvment

4) Because the MOT's are modular it is very possible to make portable
designs as each MOT can be handled separately.

I've not had any confirming measurments but I measured the charging spike
from a MOT at 3A pk. These things can offer you remarkable performance for
near zero $.

ALL HV high current xfrmrs are LEATHAL
Best Ted L in NZ

Subject: Re: Pole Pig Construction

> Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

.