Re: Use MMC's, not build your own. . .

Original poster: "cd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I am going to build a MMC I need one
and
I would like to say why...

$4.00 for a pe2 bucket
$1.00 for lid
$10 to $15 for 20 feet of 8 awg bare copper
$3 for generic table salt
$4 dollars for mineral oil
beg 4x 1.5 liter wine bottles from a local bartender....
7.5 nf  capacitor

This capacitor is safe and cheap.....but weighs a ton and is hudge.....
Building this type of cap puts a limit on your coil....
More than 2 buckets becomes ridiculous....
I takes a box 36 inches long 24 inches wide and 22 inches tall
to barely house 4 of the things....

MMC is the solution = nice small size + large capacitance comparativly
Chris Dowdy