Re: OLTC - Primer

Original poster: "Marco Denicolai by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <marco.denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com>

Terry,

just a simple suggestion for your OLTC prototype. Remember to
mount/engineer the IGBT string so that the substitution of a damaged
device is not a pain in the *** but just a fast welder exercise. I'm
afraid you'll have to replace some of those IGBTs, and having to take
apart all the string to change one or two devices will make the
operation more tedious. Use a good glass-fiber PCB, or your pads will be
scratched away after 1-2 IGBT replacements.

I'm following this project with interest. Keep us informed.

Best Regards

Tesla list wrote:

<SNIP>
> So we are dealing with "really small" impedances here :-))  It seems crazy
> passing such low (500V) through such low impedances (milliohms) to get
> oscillation, but that is what this thing is about...  We are looking at
> 3000-5000 amp peak primary currents too!
and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs