Re: copper vs. aluminum

ALUMINUM resists acid, but reacts in any alkaly to form hydrogen gas and
sodium aluminate. This reaction was used to fill weather and antenna baloons
in WWII. Brass welding rods carrode little and only at the air liquid line
so insulate that point. I use titanium welding rods, they dont carrode at
any point. They hold up better than platinum. Yes I tested both, salt will
slowly eat platinum with electric current.