Re: neon tube indicator

Original poster: "cd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Expert guys correct me if im wrong but
a light will only be lit when the spark gap is firing and
current is fluctuating back and forth through the primary.
The fluctuation of current is what makes the EM field.

Potential stored in the capacitors has nothing to do with
lighitng neon or florescents.
Caps are charged or they are possibly charged.....
only 2 states if you decide to deal with a 3rd your not safe...

Always short your caps to ground before touching.

I use 10 awg jumper cables attached to a bent u copper pipe attached to a
long piece of pvc pipe. Capacitors are dangerous..... the most dangerous
part.... everything else can be unplugged. A neon sign transformer cant hurt
you when its unpluged, but Capacitors hold a charge.... thats thier job...
I touch at least 2 times then clip the jumper cable grounds to the cap....

Never fail to discharge your caps before re-tuning / adjustments
Chris