Re: Any Pig Deaths recently? Was: Where to find a distribution transformer (POLE PIG)

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ggreen-at-gwtc-dot-net>

It should be mentioned that it was probably the huge substation transformer
feeding the pig that did the damage. Although I imagine that it might be
possible for 240 or 480 volts to do the same damage if a lot of current
flowed. An x-ray person I know told me that while working on 150 kVA x-ray
power supplies that he was more afraid of the low end rather than the high
end. But if a tesla coiler fell on his pig and stayed there, considerable
damage would be done until the ballast smoked.

Godfrey Loudner

> Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>