Re: Differential triggered gap

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

(snipped)

> Original poster: "Daniel Barrett by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dbarrett1-at-austin.rr-dot-com>

>     Hi Robert-
>
> just get the gap problems worked out. Reliable triggering is still escaping
> me...

Hi DB,
 The trick to high power quenching of the triggered gap lies in the
airflow!
 Once you have a high velocity flow across the gap (vacuum cleaner, fan,
or a compressor?) then using a multiple gap is good, BUT! The choice of
gap materials is important, Don't use brass or copper, because these
help in creating an ion stream across the gap. try to use carbide
inserts or tungsten rods so the material doesn't melt and then ionize in
the plasma stream.
 I've quenched at will, a pigs output by using inserts along with a good
air stream. You can get it with the right config, once you do you will
be proud of the performance of your system.

Marc M.