Re: Neighbors and noise

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> > I would think the arc streamers themselves would
> be much louder
> > than the spark gap.  That's been the case for my
> coils, and others
> > I've seen (and heard).
>
> On my first coil, the gap was definately louder than
> the sparks.  It just goes to
> show how poorly that first
> coil was running due to my inexperience.
>
> I just thought I'd throw that in there incase others
> assume their coils are
> running
> fine and the gap is suppose to be louder than the
> sparks.

---
I suppose that in any disruptive TC ,streamers
shooting in air ( no contact with ground path) are
more silent than gap explosions.
Power arcs from secondary are much more lauder than
"streamers".In most cases,for fixed power used larger
the topload stronger the shock wave produced by power
arc.

regards,
Boris