toroid capacitace(bi-polar coil)

Original poster: "Nolan Moore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tmoore-at-erie-dot-net>

Hello all,

    This is Nolan I have been working on a new bi-polar tesla coil.  I use
Ed Sonermans tesla coil spread sheet to calculate where to tune the primary
coil.  I read before to tune a bipolar telsa coil to cut the inductance of
the secondary coil in 1/2 to maintain tune with the same tank capacitor and
that will give you the correct place to tap the primary coil. Would the
capacitance change since there will be one on each coil or will it still be
the same, I need to know what parameters to put in the spread sheet to
figure where to tap the primary coil. Ok I have 2 new toroids each measures
21" outer diameter and 4.5" in the cross section for total capacitance of
22.75pf.  When the tesla coil is set up will the toroids be in series
together cutting the capacitance in half to 11.375pf?  Or Will the toroids
be in parallel doubling the capacitance to 25.5pf?  Or will it stay the
same? Do you have any other tips on using Ed Sonderman telsa coil spread
sheet to calculate for a bi-polar telsa coil. Thanks a bunch help is greatly
appreciated!

Sincerely,
Nolan Moore