Re: electronic damage

> i didnt put any filters in, i figured that at such low

> power levels everything would be safe.  one of the things

> i saved from a broken monitor is a 115/250v 3a emi filter.

> would this work?

	Its worth a try.  How does the '3A' match up with the
	current drawn by the TC system.
	(This sort of thing is almost NEVER an exact science.
	ferinstance the salvaged line filter may roll off
	30 Mhz and up more than is needed, and strays at
	100KHz sneak out.  (It IS an exact science,
	but the test equipment required is nontrivial.))

> i should put the line filter between the line and power

> supply right? i see how that could have helped the signal

> gen. and anything else on the line.  it seems like my

> 30 volt supply, or solid state nst when i get my rectifier

> working, would be at risk even with the line filter.

	Filters can be used many places.

> the ground wire runs out to the gas pipe,

	Hmmmmmmmm.
	HV, sparks, and gas make a REAL iffy combination.
	I dunno what other options there are: some places
	simply do not allow good coiling.

> and i have a aluminum foil ground plane that is about

> 2 feet square.

	That seems exceeding small.  The less effective the
	ground system, the more stray voltage will show up
	'elsewhere'.

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...