BIGGG Video

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Hello everyone
First, I'd like to thank Terry Blake for the technically challenging work he
did with the VCD I sent him of Kevin's BIGG coil. The two of us did some
"de-bugging" before Terry felt it was ready for prime time.

And I'd like to thank the list folks who enjoyed the video.

I can tell you that Kevin was a gracious host and did everything to make my
visit rewarding and awe inspiring!

Technical Details for Video Nerds:
Camera: Canon L-1 with 15:1 optical Canon Zoom
Format: Hi-8
Exposure: Auto during daylight and an added Sun gun for night exposure of
the coil.
Power to Camera was supplied by Kevin's 12V car battery to a 120 Inverter to
the AC power adapter to the L-1.
Shooting distance: About 40 feet from camera to coil.
Transferred to VCD using Creative Movie Maker, TMPenc and other software.

Anecdotal note: I was lucky to get the 25/26 foot arc to the storage shed.
It doesn't always strike that far. That seemed to be the record. Alway there
was a fair wind that day which blew the arc all over the place.

If anyone has other questions, drop me a note off list.
The DivX technique has been a good learning chapter in my video resource kit
thanks to Terry too.

Safety First

Ted Rosenberg
Ft Worth TX