Re: BIGGG Tesla Coil Movie

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

> Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> I have a coil that throws about 5 feet(or more) from 1800va.  Im about 40
> minutes south of Chicago in Oak Forest (next door to Tinley Park).  Maybe
> you know of either of these towns??  Ken, do you have a working coil?  If
so

I have no working coil. There is a fun assortment of parts scatteded in
three locations right now for the mega fantasy coil. I cannot machine any
parts (and know nobody who will) so I'm not building anything for now even
though I have all the major components needed. These are polemount
transformer, overgrown variac, rectifier stacks, filter caps (2x 7uF -at-50kv
from my quarter crusher, 6" coilform, magnet wire, toroid, primary, tank
cap, rotary spark gap and instrumentation.

> what is it?  Maybe we could get some thing going on out here in the
> Chicagoland area?  Unfortunatley, i live in the suburbs, and cant have a

There should be some sort of event- even if it's to just play with one coil.

> teslathon in my back yard, and besides i dont have the power since i can

The backyards in the city are useless as phone and power lines are always in
the way.

> barely run my own coil.  Now we just need to scrounge up more folks that
are
> interested, and we need a place to host it.  Well since im only 17 im not
> business man, and probably shouldnt be the one to organize anything, but i
> would really like to see some other coils, and meet some folks that would
be
> willing to do this.  Also D.C. Cox told me that they have an open house in
> Wisconsin Dells, in October there is an open house with a coil throwing 25
> feet( i think thats correct).  Thats not too far from Chicago.
>
> Steve Ward.

KEN