Re: Flyback farm?

Original poster: "David Speck by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>

I believe that the pots adjust voltages taken off a voltage divider from
the main HV output, to feed the focus and brightness grids of the CRT.
 I don't think that they will affect the main output voltage.  However,
slight differences in output voltage would matter little when the system
is under load.  Previous posts have mentioned paralleling neon sign
transformers of different voltages with little performance loss.  I know
that flybacks are different, but I bet that small differences in output
voltage wouldn't be a problem.

IF they installed all the diodes with the same polarity, (which they
certainly should), then you should be able to parallel these units for
higher current.  Most of the time, builders ignore the original primary
windings, and put 5 or 10 turns of new primary wire on the core to drive
the coil.  If the new primary wire were well enough insulated, I'd bet
you could series two or perhaps more coils for higher voltage output, as
long as they were also phased the same way.  You'd have to float the
cores to avoid breakdown problems.
Dave
G2-1170